1.3.1 Identifiers: Such as your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, and phone number. 1.3.2 Warranty Information: For the purposes of providing and servicing a warranty related to your Nivel Products , we collect warranty cards that contain certain Personal Information, including name, email, phone number, and street address. We also collect the identification number of your Nivel Products and associate this information with your warranty information, if applicable. We do not share your warranty information with our partner that is responsible both for developing the App and manufacturing Nivel Products (the “Developer”). 1.3.3 Information Collected from Nivel Products and Apps: Certain Nivel products work with the Apps to automatically collect certain information. This information may include unique product identification numbers, the name of any WiFi network to which the product connects, edition numbers of the software and hardware, the state of charge, accumulated charge and discharge power, voltage and current data, battery temperature, battery activation signal, malfunction data and, in order to be able to connect to a WiFi network, the location of the Nivel product (collectively, “Product Information”). Product Information may be sent to the Developer for the purpose of providing and improving our Services. 1.3.4 Sensitive Information: We do not seek to collect sensitive information from our consumers without explicit consent. Do not send us or disclose any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, criminal background, or trade union membership) without prior authorization.1.4 Services Usage Information: Personal Information may be collected automatically through the Apps or Nivel products when you access the Services. This information is collected for the business purpose of providing and administering the Services for you, to perform analytics on usage, to optimize our Services and aid our understanding of our Services.
1.5.1 Social Media: The Services may contain links to our accounts on Facebook Twitter, LinkedIn or other similar social networks. Clicking on any such links means that the respective social network will receive information on from which website you accessed the platform and may collect other Personal Information. It is also possible, if you are currently logged in as a user to the social network in question, that the social network will link this information to your account with the social network.
3. Your Choices and Rights: Sharing Choices, U.S. Law, European Economic Area, International Transfers3.1 Your Choices: We respect your privacy and seek to provide you with options to manage the Personal Information collected about you while you are using our Services. We abide by the privacy laws applicable to you based upon your jurisdiction.
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting, sharing, or selling that Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request) and provide a copy to you in an electronic or paper format; and
- The categories of Personal Information, if any, we disclosed for a business purpose to a third party.
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.) or other state laws;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal, regulatory or law enforcement obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative of that person and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
3.5.1 Rights of European Union and United Kingdom Residents: If you are located in the European Union or the United Kingdom, you have certain rights regarding the Personal Information that we maintain about you, which in certain circumstances you will be able to exercise. The rights are as follows:
- Access: You may request a copy of the Personal Information we maintain about you.
- Portability: If we maintain your Personal Information based on your consent or so that we can enter into or perform under a contract with you, you have the right to obtain your Personal Information from us that you consented to give us, that is necessary to enter into or perform the contract, or that is necessary to provide member benefits to you. We will give you your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Correction: If you believe your Personal Information is incorrect, you may request that we correct, amend or delete your Personal Information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Deletion or Restriction of Processing: You may request that we erase or restrict the processing of your Personal Information.
- Object to Processing: You may object to the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances when we process your Personal Information for the purposes of our legitimate interests.
- Right to Complain: You have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European member state of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of your Personal Information infringes upon your rights.
- Withdraw Consent: If we are processing your Personal Information based on your consent to do so, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- When you have consented to the processing of your Personal Information, including processing your Personal Information consistent with this Policy, including the advertising purposes disclosed in this Policy;
- When processing is necessary to perform our obligations to you or fulfill a request you have made to us;
- When processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation that applies to us; or
- When processing is necessary for purposes that are in our legitimate interests and you have given any required explicit or implicit consent to such processing, including protecting the security of our Services, improving the functioning of our Services, or providing you with information about products in which you have expressed interest.
4. General Disclosures4.1 Protecting Children: Our Services are for adults and are not directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child, under the age of 18, send Personal Information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible. If you believe a child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us through the means indicated at the end of this Policy to request deletion. 4.2 Retention: When you access our Services, we will retain your Personal Information as long as it is necessary for the processing purpose in question or in accordance with our data retention policy. We determine the appropriate retention period based on the nature and sensitivity of the Personal Information being processed, the risk of harm due to unauthorized access versus the benefit of retention, and whether we can achieve the purposes of processing through other means. We may retain your Personal Information for longer periods if required by law, if you give us your permission, or in case of a legal dispute in which your Personal Information may be used as evidence. 4.3 Automatic Decision-Making: We do not profile or use automated decision making. 4.4 Telephone Monitoring: As part of our customer service assurance practice, telephone conversations over phones may be monitored or recorded as a part of normal business operations. Monitored or recorded calls will be used for quality assurance and training purposes. 4.5 Cybersecurity: We use robust security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and help ensure the appropriate use of information. To protect your Personal Information, we use physical safeguards including secured access to our facilities. We also limit access to your Personal Information to only those employees and service contractors that have a need to access it. When handling your personal information, we use administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or loss.